Teaching Law Practice Technology Workshop
Includes a Live Event on 07/27/2021 at 11:00 AM (CDT)
- Registration Closed. Maximum Number of Registrants reached.
NOTE: The original date of this workshop has been changed to Tuesday, July 27, 2021.
While law practice technology (LPT) has been the subject of programs in the past, there has been little focus on instruction of LPT subjects. This workshop will offer examples of LPT curricula, lessons, and assessments, before jumping into a hands-on opportunity for participants to design their own instructional materials. Working in groups, workshop participants will develop their own LPT courses, their own lessons on individual LPT subjects, and assessments for LPT competencies.
Anyone who teaches law practice technology, whether they're starting from scratch or wish to develop or improve what they're already doing; instructors of formal courses in law practice technology or those who might offer an individual lesson on a law practice technology subject; anyone who may have to instruct summer associates, new attorneys, or even veteran attorneys on a law practice technology subject; vendors who wish to improve the instructional materials/support for their own law practice technology products
- Participants will be able to design their own law practice technology course, including a syllabus and objectives for the course.
- Participants will be able to design their own lesson in a law practice technology subject, including a detailed lesson plan and learning objectives.
- Participants will be able to design their own assessment for a specific law practice technology competency, including a prompt and a grading rubric.
Please note: Breakout group activities are planned for this event. As a result, attendance is limited, the event will not be recorded, and registration will close after July 12, 2021.
- Casandra Laskowski, University of Arizona College of Law Library
- Justin Turnofsky, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison
- Jacob Sayward, Cornell Law Library
AALL BODY OF KNOWLEDGE DOMAINS: Teaching + Training
Please contact AALL at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 12, 2021 to request live captioning services.