Out of Mind Out of Sight: Staying Connected and Relevant in an Increasingly Virtual Workplace
Recorded On: 07/18/2023
Program recordings from the 2023 AALL Annual Meeting & Conference were sponsored by LexisNexis. Please note the opinions shared during the programs represent the views of the speakers and not of AALL.
In the wake of COVID, workplaces have changed. Some workplaces have transitioned to fully remote or hybrid formats, while others have transitioned from remote to wholly in-person for some employees, although not necessarily for all. As we, our users and our patrons, navigate these virtual and hybrid workspaces, how do we stay connected to our colleagues and our patrons? How can we promote our services, resources, and offerings across the three different types of workplaces? This program will include discussion by a panel, consisting of panelists from each type of workplace (in-person, hybrid, and fully remote) before breaking into smaller groups to brainstorm ways to stay connected and share any successes or failures they have experienced while navigating this new workplace.
Anyone impacted by a decrease in in-person interactions with patrons at their place of employment, as well as those struggling with a return to fully in-person work.
- Participants will be able to assess issues that have arisen within their workplaces while navigating at least some remote work.
- Participants will be able to identify and discuss potential issues, both positive and negative, surrounding an increase in remote work, whether participants themselves are remote, hybrid, or in-person.
- Participants will be able to identify and discuss possible solutions for increasing involvement and awareness as patrons and users of our resources.
- Molly Brownfield (she/her/hers), Director of the Law Library & Assistant Dean for Information Services, University of Texas Tarlton Law Library
- Kelly Leong (she/her/hers), Associate Dean of Library Services, Dr. Lillian & Dr. Rebecca Chutick Law Library Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University
- Amanda Marshall (she/her/hers), Senior Legal Researcher, BakerHostetler
AALL BODY OF KNOWLEDGE DOMAINS: Marketing + Outreach