By the Numbers, For the Numbers: Justifying Your Library Budget
Recorded On: 07/23/2021
You understand the value your library delivers to its stakeholders, but do you know how to effectively communicate it? Justifying your library budget using the right data and stats can make all the difference. Panelists will share their expertise as well as best practices for leveraging your own data and stats with the people making final decisions on your library budget. You’ll also learn about specific software and programs for tracking this vital information.
Recorded at the 2021 AALL Virtual Conference. Please note the opinions shared during the programs represent the views of the speakers and not of AALL.
Librarians in all types of libraries.
- Participants will be able to identify, collect, and present useful data for budget decisions.
- Participants will be able to anticipate and respond to questions from budget decision makers using data/stats.
- Annie Mentkowski, United States Railroad Retirement Board Library
- Jessica Panella, University of Connecticut School of Law Library
- Michelle Trovillo, BakerHostetler
Marcelo Rodriguez, University of Arizona College of Law Library
Cynthia Brown, Littler Mendelson, P.C.
AALL BODY OF KNOWLEDGE DOMAINS: Management + Business Acumen