2021 AALL Virtual Legislative Advocacy Training
Includes a Live Event on 09/21/2021 at 11:00 AM (CDT)
Legislative advocacy is essential to making a difference for the legal information profession. This training will teach you skills to advocate for public policy issues, including broadband access and digital equity, balanced copyright laws, and greater access to official legal information. You will also learn how to build effective partnerships and influence lawmakers while contributing to solutions for current information policy issues.
- Participants will gain skills to effectively advocate for public policy issues affecting law libraries and the legal information profession.
- Participants will be able to identify advocacy resources to help them promote the AALL legislative priorities.
- Participants will gain skills to build effective partnerships with allies and influence lawmakers.
- Diane M. Rodriguez, AALL President
- Mariann Sears, 2021 AALL Robert L. Oakley Advocacy Award Recipient
- Michael Lissner, 2021 AALL Public Access to Government Information Award Recipient
- Amy Emerson, AALL Government Relations Committee Chair
CANCELLATION AND OTHER POLICIES
Please contact AALL at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 7, 2021 if you would like to request live captioning services.